Saturday, July 05, 2008

Homecoming

Today I woke up early..........the morning mist is still hanging in the air, the ground is wet and the trees are washed clean...........the nandyarvattam has blossomed, with the flowers standing with full glory.......the cows in the manger have woken up too, as the tiny bells around their necks ring merrily composing jingles.....the sleep is taking its own pace to leave the dreariness of my eyes.....the sky is still grey, but the rains have stopped. The milkman's cycle spins out a sound too!! As does the cuckoo in the midst of the mango leaves, letting out its sweet cry!! The village is slowly waking up from the deep slumber. The thechi has also blossomed.........its fragrance strikes me in the face!! Tomorrow, I am leaving from here.............to another world, where money and time are bound together, not necessarily, harmoniously!! Homecoming has brought with it all the native sounds and fragrances.......As I walk on the soft earth, the tender dew on the grass caresses my feet. Will these fragrances and sounds accompany me in my journey? The thumbapoo just stands similing..................

No comments: